Season 2 premiered on Netflix on March 8, 2018 and The Musings of Dogtor Barker will review each episode. I don't have time to watch the entire series this weekend but I will watch an episode a day and try to write a review daily so that you will experience my feelings about the show as I experience them. I will try to put my spoilers toward the end of each blog article and will try to identify when they will begin so that readers that haven't yet watched the episode can stop reading at that point. That said, I will assume that you have seen the earlier episodes prior to reading this so be warned if you haven't begun watching the series!
AKA Pray for My Patsy is the penultimate episode of the second season and things seem to be wrapping up nicely. The episode starts with Trish in the hospital on the verse of death. There is a lot of anger toward Dr. Karl, ignoring the fact that Trish got him involved at gunpoint.
I think Dorothy Walker had a good view on Trish... basically saying that when Trish wanted something that she was unstoppable. It kind of puts a different spin on her episode with the movie director when she was young. Yes, she was underage, but if she really wanted the part then maybe she really didn't have to be talked into doing something that would ensure she got it. Under that lens, perhaps Jessica has been blind to Trish's real personality for years.
Of course, Jessica's mom is coming after Trish and almost kills several people in the wrong place and time. I think she feels bad about this but every time she hears about Trish, she goes berserk. She tracks Trish down after Dorothy tells the press that Trish is in the hospital. That said, Jessica never told Dorothy that her mom was after her so it is partially on her.
- I was somewhat surprised that Jessica was able to talk down her mom in the hospital room. The scene kind of showed that perhaps her mom really had no control of her emotions... it was almost as if she had a different personality.
- I know this is part of Jessica Jones, but she is perhaps the worst superhero ever. I mean, the stories are very interesting but it almost seems like she almost always makes the wrong decision. The police are right. Her mom should have been send to The Raft immediately.
- Hogarth setting up the nurse to shoot her boyfriend was somewhat predictable. I'm surprised the pair stayed in town after the big heist but perhaps for them it was just another Tuesday.
- I was glad that Trish called Jessica out on her deathbed. Obviously, Trish is wrong but her desire for powers seems legitimate. Plus, she has a right to live her life. After all, Jessica does what she wants without listening to other people's better judgment. Oh yeah, I'm not sure she actually is dead. It would be an appropriate end to her arc... in many respects she was as as flawed a character as many of the "villains." But perhaps she will end up with some powers after all. We will see!
- Finally, they have a lot of things to wrap up in the final episode and I'm not sure don't don't plan to.